So … what is this blog about and why have I created it?
As much as I wanted a blog to be about ‘design’ from a career point of view:
- interior design
- manufacturing and design
- design and the environment
- past present and future interior design projects
I collaborate with Jean Foster of ‘foster and burke design’ a New Zealand based interior design business. I have also recently created ‘stephen burke designs’ with the intention of having a more fluid interior design business that allows me to take on design projects wherever in the world I am commissioned. I specialise in Interior Design briefs for the residential, hotel and corporate sectors and have to date worked in New Zealand, Australia, Singapore and the UK
I also wanted a blog that focused on my belief, that everyday [bearing in mind circumstances can come into play] each of us gets to ‘design’ our life:
- our ‘choices’ put us in various situations and take us in certain directions
- what we ‘think’ creates the world we perceive and live in
- we ‘create’ our possibilities and opportunities
Which brings me to … What’s Next?
Currently I am living in Wellington, New Zealand. This blog will continue to focus primarily on colour and design…and now and again I’ll showcase my experiences along this journey ‘we call life’